As the Head of Upstream Process Development Europe, you are responsible for the Upstream Process Development within the Integrated Bioprocess Solutions Europe organization. Your team, consisting of altogether 15 scientists and managers, is accountable for the planning, overview, and execution of all internal and external activities related to Upstream process development in Europe - a hub for development of increasingly complex biologics.
The deliverables are robust, reproducible, and scalable Upstream processes by application of scientifically sound approaches and methodologies.
We are very much looking forward to candidates who bring an excitement about continuous improvement and innovation in the field of automation, digitalization and advanced control strategies - at Takeda, we share this excitement and have a number of ongoing projects in the area.
Your New Opportunity:
- Set up the culture and strategy for the Upstream Process Development team and create a strong interface with internal and external partners to enable products to move fast towards clinical trials and commercial launch.
- Ensure implementation and represent the an inclusive culture based on Takeda values: Patient, Trust, Reputation, Business
- Provide technical guidance to internal staff and external development partners for phase appropriate process development and characterization
- Foster communication and information management for seamless know-how and tech transfer and timely availability of CMC sections of regulatory filing documents
- Lead and develop a team for Upstream Process Development based on the increasingly complex Takeda Biologics product portfolio
- Define individual development plans for team members to ensure personal and professional development
- Provide best in class Upstream development resources like skilled personnel, state of the art equipment and technologies
- Provide timely and transparent resource planning for the department with a headcount of approximately 15 employees
- Generate targeted innovative Upstream process solutions focused on automation, digitalization and advanced control strategies
- Improve productivity by means of operational excellence
- Increase capabilities and capacity by collaborations with external partners
The Skills You Need:
- Proven operational leadership skills - 5 or more years in leadership roles
- Global thinking and strong in translating strategy into operational requirements
- Able to convince and motivate others in a global network
- Mentoring, Problem-Solving and Team-Building Skills
- Advanced university degree in Natural Science e.g. Biotechnology, Molecular Biology
- More than 10 years of experience in manufacturing process development with a competence and enthusiasm for developing robust commercial Upstream manufacturing processes
- English is a must, German and other languages are nice to have
- A strong background in cell culture-, upstream and downstream process techniques
- An understanding of and excitement for continuous processing, automation and digitalization of bioprocesses
- Experience in scale-up and transfer to GMP manufacturing sites, DoE and QbD concepts, Quality and Compliance
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 4.369,11 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry) - qualified candidates will earn significantly more. The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible. We are looking forward to your application!
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.