With around 30,000 people working in approx. 70 countries we are a truly global partner for better health. Takeda is dedicated to pharmaceutical innovation and tackling diseases for which there is currently no cure. We are expanding continuously into new fields of treatment and therapy. By always putting people first, we empower employees so everyone can develop to his or her full potential. We are looking for colleagues with the right skills and experiences to support us in improving the quality of the most precious thing we know: life.
We are looking for a strong candidate for the position as a national Medical Scientific Liaison Manager (Oncology), who will be responsible for whole of Austria (approximately 70% travel activity).
- Map thought leaders and HCPs relevant to the patient journey and proactively pursue targeted education on the therapeutic area in collaboration with the Medical Manager and Key Account Managers
- Strategically engages stakeholders in key medical activities in alignment with the Medical Manager for local activities as well as with the headquarter for international activities (e.g. Advisory boards, training, publication, data generation and peer-to-peer educational activities)
- Provides clinical presentations on the therapeutic area on a regular basis to ensure continuous engagement and education of HCPs, e.g. congress updates, literature updates
- Captures and shares in-field insights to support medical and scientific strategy and business development. Shares in-field insights in a compliant manner with relevant business functions.
- Answers medical/technical unsolicited inquiries from HCPs, provide accurate and non-promotional scientific information relating to licensed and unlicensed indications following
- Proactively identifies opportunities for data generation projects, eg national disease registries and RWE projects for relevant disease areas in collaboration with the brand team/account team and drives for results according to timelines
- Identifies opportunities for publications and facilitates the publication process with the headquarter to execute on agreed projects in a timely manner
- Act as field-based reference points of scientific and clinical expertise for sales force and other stakeholders (e.g. in field Market access)
- Facilitates unsolicited requests from HCPs for investigator-initiated sponsored research proposals through assessment of strategic fit and engagement with Global External Research on IISR proposals and on Medical Affairs Company Studies (MACS)
- Supports ongoing and future Company Sponsored Studies i.e. provides LOC review of proposed CRO site lists, attendance at Global/Regional Investigator Meetings, attends motivational site visits, provides site/investigator feedback to clinical operations etc. following the appropriate request from Global Development Operations and informs other LOC functions on progress in site involvement process in a timely manner
- Investigates and understands leverage points of the patient journey; proactively shares strategic and tactical implications with the brand team/account team
Experience and Education
- PharmD, MD or PhD in biomedical sciences or related degree in biological sciences
- 3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical environment
- Strong MSL experience / MSL experience preferred
- A good understanding of clinical development and clinical study design
- Experience of working in a cross functional environment
- Academic or industry experience in Hemato-Oncology
- Track record in peer reviewed publications and congress presentations is an asset
- Fluency in English
- Proactive and open personality
- Highly motivated, driving for results in a collaborative engaging approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High business acumen
- Analytical skills not only for science but also business, understands how to track and measure results and impact and how to learn from it to develop further
- Eager to learn and elevate capabilities of others
- Able to focus on what has most impact for patients
- Forward looking strategic thinking in the therapeutic area with the ability to deduct a tactical plan
- Willingness to travel throughout Austria; 70% Travel activity
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important position is € 3.606,19 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
We are looking forward to get your application incl. CV and motivation letter!