We are seeking a talented and creative Computational Chemist to join our Medicinal Chemistry Department at BI’s oncology research site in Vienna.
The successful candidate is a creative and open-minded individual who is able to solve scientific and technical problems on their own or as a member of a team. He/she has excellent communication skills and is proactive in advancing new ideas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support and proactively engage in compound design activities for our new oncology targets
- Development, application and provision of new and inspiring design tools for the medicinal chemistry community, in close collaboration with colleagues from research IT
- Apply computational hit finding approaches, e.g. structure- and ligand-based virtual screening and contribute to advancing these techniques
- PhD in computational chemistry or related field with significant additional domain experience as a Post-doc
- Solid background in molecular dynamics and/or quantum chemistry is essential
- Profound knowledge of a molecular modeling software package (preferably Maestro)
- Good programming skills in a commonly used programming or scripting language (preferably Python)
- Experience with pipelining tools (preferably PipelinePilot) and machine learning methods is a plus
- Significant contributions to scientific publications are also expected
- Position specific training opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Additional off-days (bridge days)
- Comprehensive health promotion
- Staff restaurant
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Doris Staribacher.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.