We are seeking an experienced synthetic organic chemistry expert with a passion for the generation of drug-like molecules. As a member of the group responsible for external collaboration, agile, precise and timely interaction with a wide range of academic partners and CROs is required to be successful. Being located at the interface between Boehringer Ingelheim’s internal and external synthesis network, active sharing, open communication and a problem-solving attitude will be an essential mosaic of success. The position reports to the Scientific Director – External Collaboration.
This is a fixed term contract for 3 years with option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Independently elaborate synthetic routes for given target molecules by using appropriate software such as Scifinder, Synthia, Reaxys, Elab etc.
- Improve existing synthetic routes in timely manner as an agile reaction of feedback from external collaborators
- Interpret analytical data and initiate decision making thereby
- Communicate proactively with internal and external partners of different cultures and disciplines (e.g. global CROs, academia, IT, etc.)
- Collaborate effectively with research teams/disciplines across the global research organization
- Continuously demonstrated outstanding skills in the field of organic synthesis (greater than five years of expertise)
- Three years of experience in a synthesis related discipline within pharmaceutical industry, preferentially BI
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Prior experience in the field of academic-pharma and/or pharma-CRO collaborations
- Excellence in team science and fostering a trustworthy, passionate and collaborative work environment
- Fluent in English (as working language) and German skills preferred
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
For this position we offer an interesting salary package considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 37,756.32 gross per year (full-time) for this position, whereby an overpayment is possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Gerlinde Leiss.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.