Boehringer Ingelheim Regional Center Vienna is home to Boehringer Ingelheim?s dedicated drug discovery center for innovative cancer medicines. A team of more than 250 scientists, combining their expertise in cancer biology and genomics, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, structural biology, screening and pharmacokinetics, drive our efforts to identify novel medicines for the treatment of cancer. In the Department of Human Cancer Immunology we are currently looking for a highly motivated and result oriented scientist (m/f) with a strong background in human immunology or human cancer immunology to strengthen our team.
The scientist in the Human Cancer Immunology department provide immunological expertise and experimental support in all phases of drug discovery and development.
Team science, agility, accountability and intrapreneurship comprise the skills and mindset of a scientist we would like to welcome in our team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead an immunology research laboratory with highly motivated and qualified laboratory scientists
- Establish and perform in vitro human based immunological assays (including tumor cell co-culture) systems to enable the pharmacological characterization of drug candidates for cancer immunotherapy
- Lead scientific projects to discover innovative immune-cell targeting drugs for cancer immunotherapy
- Collaborate and coordinate effectively with other research teams and disciplines across a global discovery research organization
- As a member of a global expert working team contribute to the proposal and evaluation of new therapeutic drug concepts for cancer immunotherapy
- Present scientific data at internal and external meetings, and publish findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Establish and manage external collaborations
For this position we offer an interesting salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 47,207.30 gross per year (full-time) for this position. An overpayment is possible. Moreover, we offer our employees a variety of attractive social benefits which will be introduced in the personal interview.
- PhD in biosciences with postdoctoral training and research experience in the fields of human cancer immunology or human immunology
- At least 4 years of postdoctoral experience
- Previous drug discovery /development experience in the areas of immunology or cancer immunology is an advantage
- Excellent team working, leadership and presentation skills (English as a working language, basic German an advantage)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate scientific findings through a strong publication record
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry?s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruiting team as well as the respective department. Therefore, we do not state a specific contact person and kindly ask you to use a general salutation in your application.