The Plasma-Derived Therapies (PDT) R&D Organization is dedicated to bringing forward new plasma-derived therapies for patients with immunologic, hematologic, and other complex diseases. There are two main drivers of innovation that are the focus of the PDT R&D organization:
- Translational Pharmaceutical Sciences - a rapid-cycle innovation engine to develop improvements to existing products, develop new products, and improve yield. It combines translational research with sciences, device development and clinical research.
- Precision Medicine - a patient-centric research focus with the goal to develop comprehensive, value-oriented health care delivery packages around drug products targeted to maximize benefit and reduce risk to precise patient populations. In the process, this engine will drive innovation by practicing patient-centric R&D.
- Lead activities within PDT Medical Affairs for one or more disease areas / assets to ensure quality and timely delivery of medical affairs activities according to the respective medical strategic plans in coordination with the Head of Medical Functions, the Medical Unit Head and Global Medical Leads.
- Provide scientific leadership contributing to launch and life-cycle management by collaborating within the PDT Medical Affairs team for one or more disease areas / assets to translate medical strategy into medical communication plans and activities.
- Accountable for the execution of assigned medical tactics derived from the medical plan(s).
- As part of a matrix team, lead and be accountable with the Medical Unit Head and Medical Leads to identify, coordinate and execute assigned activities for medical conferences including medical information booth presence, development of medical booth content, symposia, alignment of competitive intelligence, pre and post-meeting conference reporting.
- As part of a matrix team, lead and be accountable with the Medical Unit Head and Medical Leads to execute the publication strategy based on medical strategies, publication obligations, and data availability; collaborate with medical affairs unit, medical publications agencies and external authors to ensure execution the publication plan.
- Ensure Takeda’s company-sponsored publication activities are conducted according to good publication practices (including, but not limited to ICMJE, GPP3, CONSORT, etc) and Takeda’s Global Publication Standard, SOP, and applicable practice guidelines. Track, and report publications metrics as required.
- Provide oversight of agency partners to ensure appropriate execution of publication plans; ensure vendor partners are properly trained on Takeda Standards, SOPs, systems, and tools for appropriate and effective execution of responsibilities, including interactions with alliance partners, authors (internal and external), as well as company data-generators, and reviewers.
- Closely coordinate budget reporting; responsible for appropriate tracking and reporting of transfer of value according to applicable transparency rules and regulations.
- As part of a matrix team, lead and be accountable with the Medical Unit Head and Global Medical Leads, to develop internal and external materials for use by medical teams and ensure assimilation, dissemination and archival of content created for the assigned therapeutic area.
- In collaboration with the PDT Medical Affairs team, provide input for the planning and monitoring of medical activities according to the integrated medical strategy for assigned area and provide operational budget oversight for disease areas/assets in alignment with other relevant internal stakeholders (e.g. Finance).
- Lead and be accountable for resolving CMLR questions and provide leadership in concept design and approval of promotional and non-promotional materials.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- A relevant degree is required. A medical or scientific degree (MD, PharmD, PhD, MS or RN) is preferred.
- Experience with plasma derived pharmaceuticals, Hereditary Angioedema (HAE) or rare disease is preferred.
- >8 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, preferably within a matrix structure.
- >5 years of experience within medical affairs roles (e.g. Medical Science Liaison, Medical Information, Medical Communications, Medical Education, Publications).
- Experience leading teams is desirable.
- Experience managing vendors and complex projects is required.
- Strong knowledge of international regulatory and legal guidelines regarding medical communication/publication approaches as well as best practices is required.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer. For more insights into Takeda click here.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 4 527,78 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
AUT - Wien - DC Tower