People First - At Takeda we are dedicated to improving the health and well-being of all people and bringing them the hope of a brighter future. It is our passion that transforms every job into meaningful action. Our people are the heart of Takeda.
Our team is growing and for this we need bright minds with creativity and flexibility - what talent do you have?
We are currently hiring for a
(Senior) Brand Manager Rare Diseases (all genders)
on a full-time contract for our Vienna office.
Your tasks in detail:
Business Strategy and Management
- Leading the development and implementation of the Strategic Marketing Plan in line with the Brand Strategy for our Rare Diseases portfolio in order to maximize brand performance
- The successful achievement of tactical objectives and milestones outlined within the Strategic Marketing Plan including but not limited to:
- Development and implementation of promotional materials
- Implement multi-channel solutions including digital, mailings & newsletter, media & PR activities for all customers line with the strategic plan and compliance
- Create programs and tactics customized to different customer groups including HCPs, patients, patient associations and media
- Strategic and tactical lead of Takeda´s congress activities
- Development and implementation of a relevant patient support services in line with strategic planning
- Has a strong understanding of the local rare disease environment and closely monitors environmental changes and competitor activities in order to be able to fine tune planned tactics
- Identifies actions to strengthen product positioning (eg. direct medical development, labeling changes) to maximize brand performance. Anticipates and capitalizes on stakeholders’ market trends to create a competitive advantage. Recommends and gains approval from senior management for alternative approaches to maximize brand opportunities
- Directing generation and analysis of data to seek out opportunities to support recommendations for strategic direction based on demand and market dynamics
- Leading the business development process; coaches and monitors internal and external progress; leads external suppliers; drives the integrated life cycle plan
- Achieving the above through effective liaising, networking and working relationships with the Takeda Market Access Team, the Brand Team, Takeda country Medical Department, respective KAMs, Commercial Excellence and other relevant outsource agencies
Effective team and cross functional working internally and externally
- Supports the BU Head in building and leading a strong team and developing team members to equip them for current and future business and career opportunities
- Developing effective and constructive working relationships throughout the Business Unit and Takeda LOC in general and with the Brand Team, Takeda Market Access department and Takeda Medical Department in particular
- Partnering with the KAM team/ Sales force to provide strategic direction in the development of training material and programs
- Leading and taking ownership for key financial tasks for the brand including the development of annual budgets, operating plan, market sales forecasts, quarterly updates, etc.
- Effective budget control and resource management within predefined project budgets
- Developing and maintaining strong, effective and constructive team relationships (Agency, Specialists and their associations, Advisory groups) and KOL networks by taking a leadership role in the communication and liaison between all pertinent external customers
- Ensuring effective communication with all relevant internal and external key stakeholders
- Identifying and raising relevant issues, and proposing potential solutions, through the appropriate internal and external channels
- Achieving best-in-class customer focus with significant dedicated time for regular interactions with customers
- Implementation of multi-channel innovative communication approaches to customers
Risk Management and controls
- Supporting the BU Head in managing the company’s risk profile including, (where appropriate), Code of Conduct and the Health and Safety performance of the business
- Assisting the BU Head in ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place
- Utilizing new market research approaches with business partners to assess business risks and opportunities. Proactively identifying brand opportunities and issues that require analysis of Business Information to create new approaches or new market opportunities.
- University degree either in natural sciences or Business administration
- At least 5 yrs marketing experience in the pharma industry, preferably in in the Rare Diseases environment or Speciality/Oncology
- Business acumen, the ability to understand and actively contribute to the P&L management, to develop a commercially robust plan that exceeds customer expectations
- Innovator with fresh ideas
- Analytical thinking with ability to convert information into insights; monitoring market trends, uncovering unmet needs, identifying risks, barriers and opportunities at national level
- Strong communicator with the ability to engage both external and internal customers
- Builds a collaborative network of relationships with people in a variety of functions, roles and locations and leverages formal and informal networks to accomplish the ambitious goals
- Personal drive to follow-through plan and excel
- Fluency in English and German is a must
Empowering our people to shine
At Takeda, we earn the trust of society and our customers through our values of Takeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, Perseverance. We incorporate these values in everything we do. They represent who we are and how we act. They help us make decisions that we can be proud of today and in the future. We enable our employees to develop their full potential. As a global top employer, we offer exciting career paths, promote innovation and strive for top performance in everything we do. Takeda fosters an inclusive, collaborative and international work environment where our teams are united by their relentless commitment to our goal of improving people's health and creating a better future for the world. Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives - including your own.
Takeda is an equal opportunity employer - At our heart are committed colleagues. We offer interested people numerous opportunities and strongly believe in, and promote, diversity, equity and inclusion. As a company we offer roles based on merit, welcoming candidates of any gender, age, religious belief, race, ethnic origin or disability.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your application via our online tool!
For further questions, please contact: Sabine Rabach/ Talent Acquisition Lead