Scientist – Molecular Biologist, Immunologist, Bacteriologist
Austrianni is a Vienna-based start-up biotechnology company developing biological therapeutics for human infectious diseases. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a highly-motivated scientist to play a major role in our antibody-focused programs. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to oversee projects from discovery through pre-clinical development.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Hands-on development and use of a broad range of assays to identify specific antibodies, including various phenotypic and immunological assays (in vitro and in vivo models).
• Mammalian cell culture including work with hybridomas and the growth of human and murine primary cells.
• Antibody reformatting and small-scale purification.
• High degree of flexibility and interactivity to support colleagues involved in this or in other projects.
• Oversight and direct management of components of the project performed by contract research organizations, and/or other external collaborators.
• Analysis and documentation of results.
• Presentation and discussion of results in program meetings and in various external settings.
Requirements and desired qualifications
• PhD with research specialization in biological sciences.
• At least 3-4 years of post-doctoral experience.
• Strong molecular biology background.
• Experience in the field of immunology and specifically antibody-based effector functions/ antibody engineering would be an asset.
• Experience with intracellular bacteria, preferably Mycobacterium tuberculosis, and/or other infection models would be desirable.
• Curiosity to develop new assays and to learn about drug development.
• Written and oral communication skills in English.
Austrianni offers you the opportunity to develop your career in an exciting scientific environment promoted by a motivated team and a spirit of community. With passion and a deep sense of responsibility, we work together on revolutionizing the treatment of tuberculosis.
Please submit a letter of motivation and curriculum vitae, including the contact details of at least two referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org.