Octapharma specializes in the development of highly pure pharmaceuticals made of human blood
plasma. As part of a family-owned enterprise, Octapharma in Vienna is not only the largest production
site, but also a successful research location of the Octapharma Group. Since our company continues
to grow, we are looking for a maternity leave replacement (until September 2023) as
Global Medical Writer – Maternity Leave Replacement (m/f/d)
Research & Development
Fulltime (38 hours/Week)
Your new challenges which will inspire you:
- Write, review and coordinate the preparation of documents under the responsibility of medical writing department
- Editorial and quality control review of documents prepared by external medical writers
- Ensure that all deliverables are provided on the appropriate milestone date
- Collaborate with other functions concerning safety issues relative to safety writing activities such as pharmacovigilance personnel,
medical reviewers, clinical department, products quality, regulatory affairs and marketing
- Participate in ongoing safety data review and analysis for products in designated therapeutic areas
- Contribute to the review and development of existing and new SOPs and provide input or write/update and review SOPs
- Ensure archiving and traceability of all activities
- Maintain awareness of changes to/new regulations affecting Pharmacovigilance activities and Clinical Regulatory Documents
- Preparation and review of response documents to specific requests from regulatory/health authorities
Your profile that will convince us:
- Completed academic degree, ideally in a medical or healthcare discipline
- Experience in pharmacovigilance, medical writing and preparation of safety documents would be an advantage
- Very good verbal and written English skills as well as communication and presentation skills
- Team player with a strong focus on timelines
- Good level of computer literacy, in particular in the use of databases, MS Word and MS Excel
- High degree of accuracy with attention to detail
- Excellent critical, analytical and problem-solving skills
Our attractive benefits for you:
- Wide range of tasks in an international setting, flexibility and personal responsibility
- Reliable employer with generous employee benefits and a salary customary in the market.
- Familiar setting of a family-owned enterprise with benefits such as Do & Co staff restaurant,
extraordinary staff events and many more:
The minimum gross wage according to the collective agreement (chemical industry) for your new job
is EUR 3.389,68. We strive to adapt your salary to your range of tasks and to your profile, which is why
we are ready to pay wages higher than collectively agreed.
We are looking forward to new, committed employees who join forces with us to promote our strong
growth in order to keep enabling our patients to live a better life - because it is in our blood! Is it in
your blood too? We are looking forward to receiving your application via our online career portal.
Mag. (FH) Charlotte Ponzer
Octapharma Pharmazeutika Produktionsges.m.b.H.
Oberlaaer Straße 235, 1100 Wien,
T: +43 (1) 610 32 – 1301
As a family-owned company, Octapharma believes in investing to make a difference in people’s lives and has been doing so
since 1983; because it’s in our blood. Our company values Ownership, Integrity, Leadership, Sustainability and
Entrepreneurship guide us in everything we do. In 2020, the Group achieved €2.4 billion in revenue and an operating income of €451 million.
Octapharma employs nearly 10,000 people worldwide, of which around 1,250 are based in Vienna.
We help patients in over 118 countries with products across three therapeutic areas: Haematology
(coagulation disorders), Immunotherapy (immune disorders) and Critical Care. Octapharma owns six state-of-the-art
Production facilities in Austria, France, Germany (Dessau & Springe), Mexico and Sweden.