Octapharma Biopharmaceuticals GmbH a subsidiary of the Octapharma group founded in 1997 is a successful and expanding biotech company in Heidelberg. Our core business is the development of recombinant proteins produced in human cell lines for therapeutic use in humans. We strive for effective treatments with an improved tolerability and convenience for the patient.
We are looking for: a Research Associate (m/f/d) to join the Cell Line Development team starting at the next possible date in the R&D department of our site in Heidelberg.
- Operate and further develop our liquid handling Cell Line Development robotics platform
- Design and construct expression vectors for recombinant protein production in human cells
- Generate transient and stable cell lines expressing recombinant protein therapeutics
- Document and analyze data, present results in project and team meetings
- Take part in scientific discussions and implement recent technological developments in our lab
- You have a strong background in molecular and cell biology and are experienced with recombinant protein expression, preferably antibody formats
- You are experienced with robotic liquid handling systems
- You hold a MSc degree in the field of Biology, Biotechnology, Bioprocess Engineering and have a minimum of three years of experience with expression vector design and construction, mammalian cell culture, recombinant protein expression (optionally you hold a BSc degree or successfully completed an education as MTA, BTA, CTA, PTA and have a minimum of five years significant experience in the relevant fields)
- You spend time thinking about optimizing and automating your daily workflow to perform the experiment that will make the difference
You are eager to solve technical challenges and enjoy working in the lab while coordinating your efforts with your team colleagues. Your open and friendly communication skills as well as technical excellence will help to foster the welcoming and scientific working atmosphere in our group. If this is you, do not hesitate to apply!
- A permanent position in a dynamically growing company
- A modern - state of the art - working environment
- Flexible working hours
- An international team (15 different nationalities, 190 employees, international corporation)
- Cooperative work environment with outside work activities
Tel: +49 (0)6221 – 1852 616