Octapharma Biopharmaceuticals GmbH a subsidiary of the Octapharma group founded in 1997 is a successful and expanding biotech company in Heidelberg. Our core business is the development of recombinant proteins produced in human cell lines for therapeutic use in humans. We strive for effective treatments with an improved tolerability and convenience for the patient.
We are looking for:
Octapharma Biopharmaceutcials GmbH is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate (permanent position) to join our R&D Analytics – Biological Activity team. The successful candidate will be part of a young, team-orientated cross-functional group made up of biotechnologists and biochemists whose goal is to support the development of novel therapeutic proteins. With a problem-solving mindset and pro-active mentality, the team helps to develop, implement, and apply bioanalytical activity and cell-based assays for the identification and investigation of drug candidates across hematology and immunology. Embedded in a network of research groups, the team performs routine analysis to support their colleagues with important datasets. We are aiming for recruitment at the next possible date at our site in Heidelberg.
Your job responsibilities:
- Developments of activity and cell-based assays for screening and characterization of novel therapeutic proteins.
- Implementation of assays on high-throughput liquid handling robotic platforms.
- Depiction and implementation of analytical workflows in our data management system.
- Performance of biophysical/analytical methods on proteins (SDS-PAGE, Western Blots, etc.).
- Communication with intra- and cross-departmental groups.
- Support the transfer and implementation of developed analytical methods within the company.
- Statistical analysis of data and presentation of obtained scientific data to project teams.
- Creation of Electronic Lab Notes, SOP´s and development reports.
- Working with and presentation of scientific literature.
- Strong background in bioanalytics, biochemistry or a related field and a Bachelor or Master´s degree or a completed apprenticeship as a technical lab assistant (BTA or CTA). During your studies you joined academic and/or industrial laboratories for internships to expand your laboratory experience or already gathered work experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in the analysis of proteins, e.g. coagulation factors, immunoglobulins.
- Hands-on experience in protein characterization techniques, e.g. SDS-PAGE, Western Blot and multi-well plate formats is mandatory.
- Knowledge of protein analytical methods to characterize protein affinities and interactions, as well as basic cell culture techniques.
- A keen interest in data processing workflows, assay automation, liquid handling robotic systems and new technologies.
- Experience in the implementation of assays on robot-supported high-throughput automation and liquid handling platforms are an advantage.
- Knowledge of Design of Experiment (DoE) is a plus.
- Pro-active, self-motivated, and eager to solve scientific challenges with excellent attention to detail while coordinating your efforts with your team colleagues.
- Open and friendly communication skills as well as flexibility and structured working style.
What we have to offer:
- A permanent position in a dynamically growning company
- A wide range of tasks in a cooperative setting, flexibility, and personal responsibility
- A welcoming and scientific working atmosphere
- A modern - state of the art – laboratory space and working environment
- Flexible working hours
Application: please apply via web portal only.
Simone Maciej – Personalreferentin
Tel: +49 (0)6221 – 1852 508