As of now we are seeking In Vivo Research Laboratory Scientists to join the Cancer Pharmacology and Disease Positioning Department. The positions will strengthen our multi-disciplinary research team focused on discovering and characterizing innovative drugs for cancer patients. It offers a unique possibility to directly contribute at the forefront of drug discovery and to have an immediate impact on the development of novel cancer therapies. This is a fixed term contract for 3 years with the option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Independent planning, coordination, execution, analysis and documentation of in vivo experiments using murine models
- Performing cell culture and molecular biology assays
- Continuous development and optimization of methods and techniques
- Supporting the discovery and characterization of novel therapeutic approaches and innovative cancer drugs with in vivo expertise
- Communication of results and new insights across multifunctional teams and training of co-workers/new colleagues
- Relevant education (e.g.: Bachelor/Master’s degree in biology or a related discipline; or "BiologielaborantIn") and ideally 1 year or more laboratory experience
- Of advantage is hands-on experience with in vivo studies and molecular cell biology techniques (Westernblotting, ELISA) as well as a good understanding of current concepts in cancer research
- Strong team spirit, communication and presentation skills, as well as outstanding data analysis and data management skills
- Self-organized and independent working style, creative thinking and a lateral mindset
- Solid command of English and German
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
For this position we offer an interesting salary package considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 37,016.14 gross per year (full-time) for this position, whereby an overpayment is possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Gerlinde Leiss.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.