As of now we are seeking several highly motivated Lab Scientists to join our Cancer Immunology and Oncology Translational Science departments in Vienna. The Lab Scientists should become a part of the research team responsible for the preclinical evaluation of novel cancer targeting and/or immunotherapeutic agents, such as cancer vaccines or T-cell engagers. Collaborative, well-connected teams are key to our success, so we are looking for candidates who are strong team players.
This is a fixed term contract for 3 years with the option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Culture human cells (e.g. cancer cell lines) and isolate human primary immune cells
- Perform functional assays using culture/co-culture of cancer cells and immune cells
- Identify novel antigens for cancer vaccines using immunological assays, such as T cell priming with antigen-loaded dendritic cells (including T cell clone generation) for job profile 1 in CI
- Perform 3D/spheroid co-culture assays modeling the tumor microenvironment and analyze them by fluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry for job profile 2 in CI
- Perform in vitro protein and RNA analysis from cancer cell lines or ex vivo analysis of tumor xenograft samples for biomarker identification for job profiles in OTS
- Independently plan, execute, evaluate and document experiments
- Master’s degree in biology/biochemistry or equivalent practical experience
- Prior experience in isolation and culture of human primary immune cells, experience in immunological techniques (e.g. ELISA, FACS) is a plus
- Hands-on experience in T-cell assays/ELISpot is required for position 1 in CI
- Solid practical expertise in fluorescence microscopy/image analysis is required for position 2 in CI
- Hands-on experience with cell culture, solid tumor processing and protein and RNA analysis is desirable for the positions in OTS
- Ability to independently plan, execute, evaluate and document experiments and team orientation with good communication skills
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
For this position we offer an interesting salary package considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 37,016.14 gross per year (full-time) for this position, whereby an overpayment is possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Gerlinde Leiss.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.