Are you keen to drug difficult cancer targets like KRAS, with either classical new chemical entities (NCEs) or new modalities such as Proteolysis Targeting Chimeras (PROTACs)? The Drug Discovery Sciences Department at our Oncology Site in Vienna/Austria is seeking new talent in the fields of Computational Chemistry, Protein X-ray Crystallography and Cryo-Electron Microscopy. Our ideal candidate has outstanding professional and personal competencies, is highly motivated and has a proven track record in one of the three disciplines.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Determine and/or interpret atomic structures of new proteins and protein-ligand complexes
- Devise and implement creative Structure Based Drug Design (SBDD) campaigns and workflows in hit finding and drug design projects to accelerate the delivery of clinical candidates
- Advise and guide medicinal chemists in structural data interpretation and compound design
- Manage and steer collaboration projects with external partners
- Contribute to novel targets and game-changing new technologies
- Present at external scientific meetings and publish in peer-reviewed journals
- Doctoral degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Biophysics, Biochemistry or related field ideally with Postdoc experience
- Good overall knowledge of the drug discovery process with emphasis on protein structures and structure-based approaches
- Broad knowledge of cutting-edge technologies, computational approaches and concepts
- Passionate about scientific initiatives to drive or influence key decisions in future drug design
- Documented skills in translating data into project insights
- Ability to autonomously develop and implement new workflows and processes using state-of-the-art programming languages and tools
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Gerlinde Leiss.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.