We are seeking a scientifically excellent Scientific Director to lead the High-throughput Biology Group focusing on further strengthening Boehringer Ingelheim´s leadership position in drugging KRAS and discovering Proteolysis Targeting Chimeras (PROTACs) medicines. The position reports directly to the head of Drug Discovery Sciences and lead a team of biophysics, biochemists and cell biologists. The ideal candidate will utilise profound knowledge of preclinical drug discovery to ensure timely hit finding and profiling for the delivery of drug candidates into the portfolio that will benefit patients in the future.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Set scientific priorities and develop a group of 15-20 scientists
- Support project teams by converting data into insights
- Challenge the status quo and inspire others to pursue new approaches
- Establishes and drives innovative external collaborations with academic partners and CROs to enhance portfolio quality and output
- Drives BI’s scientific profile, utilizing a large internal and external interaction network to ensure publication in high impact journals and presentations at international conferences
- PhD and research experience in the fields of drug discovery, ideally in cancer research
- Experience in drug discovery including managerial responsibilities, ideally already leading independent research or industrial group
- Proven scientific excellence with a track record for high impact publications and evidence of accomplishments in drug discovery or translational biology
- Strong leadership skills and excellent presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 80,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Doris Staribacher.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal so that we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.