As a family owned company with a long term commitment to improve human health we create Value through Innovation for our customers and are powered by our people. We are excited for the discovery of ground-breaking novel cancer treatments and believe that an organizational and individual desire for breakthrough discoveries is the key to identifying innovative First-in-Class medicine. To advance science we like to take ownership for decisions and actions, to make agile contributions with an open mind and come up with innovative ideas.
If you want join our breakthrough culture to build a successful career in mathematical and statistical modelling, and make a real difference to cancer patients and patient families worldwide, this is the right opportunity. The Discovery ADME Department within RCV is searching for a recognised expert to lead PK/PD modelling for oncology research in Vienna.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Create value in discovery project teams by enabling decisions based on state-of-the art M&S approaches
- Provide strategic leadership for the Department and with the colleagues globally in providing cutting edge M&S activities including impact on design of data acquisition, analytics, and reporting from pre-Lead Optimisation to clinical Proof of Concepts
- Establish direction and objectives to maintain scientific leadership in data analysis and M&S approaches
- Build strong expertise in predictive modelling relevant to PK/PD and pharmacometrics
- Supervise other M&S scientists in the team
- Foster organizational learning by linking into the internal network and translate Research knowledge to the clinics
- Build and maintain external contacts and collaborations to enable access to the best talents and cutting-edge methodologies, and deliver to BI project work
- Publish scientific work to contribute to global innovation
- University training in applied mathematics and statistics or PhD in modelling different biological systems, e.g. Systems Biology, Quantitative Systems Pharmacology, Pharmacometrics
- At least 4 years of experience in a pharmaceutical setting with pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic modeling
- Programming experience in languages like R, MATLAB, NONMEM, SAS, Python, Mathematica
- Previous drug discovery and development working experience, ideally in areas of oncology or immunology
- Strategic and connective thinking
- Excellent team work and communication skills to drive cross-functional collaboration and team success with various disciplines
- Inquisitive and curious of new data and ideas, and persistent testing them out to find clear new paths to success quickly
- Excellent presentation skills (English as a working language, basic German an advantage)
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Doris Staribacher.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal so that we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.