The Development Scientist will be involved in the pharmaceutical development of Takeda’s innovative gene therapy products. Responsibilities include development and optimization of downstream purification processes to produce viral gene therapy vectors as well as tech transfer of scalable and robust downstream manufacturing processes.
The Development Scientist will closely collaborate with cross-functional Process Development and CMC team members including up- and downstream process development, formulation development, analytical development and manufacturing. The individual should proactively identify potential issues, develop effective solutions to technical challenges, and influence stakeholders across the development organization in order to keep projects on schedule.
The role and responsibilities are:
- Planning, execution, evaluation and documentation of process development studies
- Subject matter expert for viral vector purification
- Statistical evaluation of analytical and process data
- Author/review of development documents and support of regulatory submissions
- Screening of new technologies and scientific literature to stay competitive and to drive innovation
- Presentation of data at department and project team meetings
Required education, experience, knowledge and skills:
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, biotechnology, biology, chemistry, engineering or related pharmaceutical science or Master’s degree in biochemistry, biotechnology, biology, chemistry, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience in downstream process development (chromatography, filtration and separation methods) preferred
- Experience with viral vector purification preferred
- Knowledgeable about Design of Experiments (DoEs) and statistical principles for experimental design and data analysis
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and determine causes and possible solutions (DMAIC)
- Teamwork - Ability to work well in highly cross functional teams
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English and German
- Organizational skills - Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and is able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to be proactive and to work independently
- Sound knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten in Vienna) and numerous benefits (free Shuttle-Bus Vienna-Orth, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer. For more insights into Takeda click here.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 3.323,20 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.