We are seeking a highly motivated Lab Scientist to join our Cancer Immunology team in Vienna. You will be given the opportunity to join a late-stage project directly feeding into our preclinical immunotherapy portfolio. Collaborative, well-connected teams are key to our success so we are looking for candidates who are strong team players.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Join a research team responsible for the pre-clinical characterization of novel cancer immunotherapies
- Tissue culture, isolation of primary immune cells, co-culture of different cell types
- Establish biochemical and cell-based assays for the in vitro characterization of antibody therapeutics
- Independent execution, evaluation and documentation of experiments
- A degree in biology/biochemistry or equivalent (M.S. or Ph.D.)
- Prior experience with immunological techniques (e.g. flow cytometry), with a background in T-cell biology an advantage
- Ability to independently plan, execute, evaluate and document experiments
- Team orientated with good communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English and good German skills
Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
For this position we offer an interesting salary package considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 37,016.14 gross per year (full-time) for this position, whereby an overpayment is possible.
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.