At BIOMIN we harness the power of science to support animal health and performance. By applying state-of-the-art and proprietary technology we deliver natural, sustainable and profitable solutions to the livestock industry. For over 35 years we have pioneered innovative solutions for mycotoxin risk management and gut performance. BIOMIN is part of ERBER Group.
For ambitious talents in the natural sciences we have exciting tasks and a lot to learn in our research projects. That's why we are looking for a master student (m/f/d)
to work on the following task:
Master thesis: "Establish R-based Automated Data Evaluation in Routine Analysis"
These are the tasks we trust in you:
We plan to replace data evaluation via Excel with reproducible R-based scripts that are as automated as possible. These scripts should help us to:
In addition, the thesis should cover the following tasks:
- Evaluate LC and GC data automatically
- Extract information about control samples and create control charts
- Evaluate automatically if control samples passed or failed
- Create reports automatically
- Provide a Graphical user interface (GUI) for easy use of R scripts
- Include meta data such as sample weight, dilution factor, etc.
- Comment and explain R scripts, provide tutorial(s) on how to use it
- Integration in a Data Lake for the storing, processing, analyzing and reporting of data
To leave real 'foodprints' with us you need the following skills:
- Master student of natural science (chemistry, biotechnology or similar) with strong knowledge in R OR student of informatics, bioinformatics (or similar) with strong interest in analytical chemistry
- Strong skills in R, statistics
- Experience with MS Azure and/or Databricks an advantage
- Independent and self-responsible work style
- Excellent skills in English (written and spoken)
- Strong skills in team work, documentation
What do we stand for? We are Pioneers, Partners and Performers!
Your working place: world class laboratories
with state-of-the-art equipment
. As part of our ambitious scientific team you work together with the best on key topics of the global food chain. BIOMIN is constantly growing
- since more than 35 years. This creates a lot of space for good ideas
and opportunities for personal development and individual careers. Here are some more good reasons to work for us.
We also take care of your physical well-being: coffee and tea
are of course free of charge. In our canteen we offer three daily altering set meals
- the price is employer-supported. Not to forget our b.active sports & health program
. Here are some more good reasons to work for us
What else do you need to know?
- Reference Number: 708
- You will be based at Tulln (Austria) - excellent public transport connections to Vienna and Krems (only approximately 10 minutes on foot to train station)
- Your type of employment: 38.5 hours/week, full-time, temporary contract
- Duration: 6 - 8 months (starting as soon as possible)
Are you ready to leave real 'foodprints‘ with us? We are looking forward to your online application.
Do you have any questions? Please contact:
Ms Karin SOMMER
, +43 2272 81166 0
Or visit our website: www.biomin.net