The Manufacturing IT Lead (f/m/x) is the primary global IT point of contact regarding IT solutions to support Manufacturing Operations. With his/her team, they operate as a key business partners promoting Manufacturing IT services and capabilities across facilities, solution discovery and implementation as well as relationship management. She/He also plays a key role in the digital transformation within Manufacturing Operations.
- Partners and serves as the business relationship link between several business and IT organizations - including global and site manufacturing teams, Enterprise ERP Team (SAP, JD Edwards), Shared IT services, digital teams and sites IT - to understand current and future needs in the manufacturing environment in order to identify opportunities to deliver and support innovative IT solutions
- In the Digital Manufacturing IT team, elaborates an integrated manufacturing IT strategy to accelerate our digital transformation. With a large expertise on ERP (SAP, JD Edwards), enterprise platforms, manufacturing systems and next generation technologies, plays a lead role in enabling manufacturing organizations to achieve their objectives through the effective use of IT technology and digital solutions
- Lead a team of Manufacturing IT functional experts responsible to identify, evaluate, develop and/or redesign systems and interfaces as well as procedures that meet user requirements
- With internal and external service providers (ERP teams, managed services), ensure optimal support on Manufacturing IT Applications supported within the organization
- Supervise Manufacturing IT projects of all sizes, communicates decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding IT requests, projects and initiatives. Proactively shares knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrate extensive business and technical knowledge. With minimal direction and moderate direction to others, drive or partner with service providers for the design, implementation and support of Manufacturing IT solutions and interfaces including SAP, JD Edwards, production scheduling and execution, warehouse & inventory management, etc…
- Provide guidance and expertise in the area of ERP, Manufacturing systems and their architecture. Accountable for understanding architecture and interdependencies of systems for multiple businesses or functions
- Act as the key IT liaison and coordinate activities between global and local manufacturing teams (35 Manufacturing plants worldwide), Enterprise IT/ERP Product Management (SAP, JD Edwards), Unified Application Maintenance Services team (UAMS) and other IT stakeholders
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships and models with strategic vendors, service providers (on-shore and off-shore) and other external collaborators to improve productivity and optimize cost
- Identify, analyze, propose, generate and document innovative solutions to address unmet business needs or solve complex/difficult or problems with current systems. Understand broader business impact and identify solutions. Prepare recommendations to make decisions that have a cross-functional or business impact. Use technical tools (queries, process maps, etc.) for problem resolution
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office on the intake process and submission of business cases to initiate projects
- Drive or support all phases of global manufacturing IT projects - incl. design, build, deployment, functional/ business integration testing, user training and support - following appropriate SDLC, quality validation and application processes.
- Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business economics and financial resources
- With internal and external partners, ensure global 24x7x365 support on applications supported within the organization
- Communicate status, solutions and concerns. Disseminate information in a timely manner within the team and across functions. Establish, maintain and develop relationships within the business or function. Deliver presentations, facilitate and address issues at all levels of management
- Provide input into annual IT budget process (Opex & Capex) for his/her functional areas
- Lead a medium size team of internal (5 persons) and external Manufacturing IT specialists towards target. Monitor people performance, develop talents, promote teamwork and drive succession planning
- Drive operational excellence, simplification, new ways of working, methods (e.g. Agile, DevOps, user experience) to increase the value impact on business
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven track record of driving change in processes and organizations, while maintaining working relationships with key business customers
- Strong business acumen with knowledge of interdependencies that impact the organization
- Recognized expertise in ERP (SAP and ideally JD Edwards) and Manufacturing IT Systems from both a technical and functional point of view
- Strong collaboration skills and experience in people management and skills development
- Experienced in current and emerging technologies and their potential application and translate those into business opportunities, cases, needs and implementation roadmaps.
- Demonstrated success in the areas of IT Business Partnership & Relationship Management, Value Realization, IT Vendor Management/Governance
- Experience with full software development life cycle in regulated environment (FDA, GxP, SOX, computer system validation)
- Min. Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Life Sciences, Business or related subject matter
- Profound IT and work experience in Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry
- Proven experience in IT Project/Program Management (e.g. ERP)
- Ability to travel up to 25%, internationally
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer. For more insights into Takeda click here.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 4.369,11 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.