The core purpose of the Product Operations Program Management Lead is to provide business and technical leadership for high-priority, complex and cross-functional portfolio projects to support the growth strategy for lifecycle and new product introductions to:
- Manage and continuously improve leading indicators of project success. Align, synergizes with the Product Operations Leads (POLs) and other key stakeholders.
- Lead and take accountability for product projects and related project performance including milestone hit rate, financial achievement and act as a liaison for management and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee and drive key program processes associated with preparing for new programs to support network & products’ strategy. Lead Program and project processes and meetings.
- Utilize and serve as a resource for project management tools and methodologies and collaborating to identify and apply PM principles to develop resolution plans expeditiously. Drive new processes requiring cross-functional input and development of tools to measure team goals & compliance.
- Cooperate with POL on organizing, developing agenda and facilitation and documentation for GMS Product Team meetings
- Launches project opportunities (idea generation to project initiation) identified by POLs by leading development of proposals, project charters and/or business cases for project approvals & subsequently determines ownership for project execution within the network
- Set up, scopes, develops a high level project plan and monitors execution of global strategic x-functional product specific projects/task forces and GMS Product Team sub-teams
- Supports strategic planning with respect to projects and growth capacity
- Drives accountability and track progress for milestone hit rate of Product Operations program/projects
- Facilitates translation of product strategy into clear and measurable team goals & establishes Prod Ops OpU dashboard to track & measure milestone compliance
- Leads team in risk management approaches and systems and provides complex scenario analysis for issues with significant business impact
- Manage content and maintenance of program information platform (Sharepoint)
- Ensures appropriate linkages of this information to the project prioritization and/ or portfolio process
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Experience in pharmaceutical life cycle management
- Experience in risk management and product launch execution
- Expertise in pharmaceutical/Biotechnical operations, project management and program management
- Understanding GMS GQ technology and processes
- Serves as a champion of Shire’s Project Management Methodology and associated Project Management Office processes, recognizing how project results seriously impact the overall success of the organization
- Provides clear direction on project requirements to meet expectations of external customers and business stakeholders.
- Drives implementation of projects by participating in establishing strategy, schedules, budgets, and financial analysis.
- Drives development of operating mechanisms & stakeholder mapping and ensures implementation of GMS product governance throughout all projects
- Recommends, implements, and manages the appropriate program or project structure and standard performance metrics
- Must be capable of reconciling conflicting views into a cohesive path forward. Must be able to plan the critical path and hold team members accountable for their activities.
- Must be capable of understanding a broad range of projects; distinguish priorities and articulate requirements across all functions of the company. Must be able to align projects against the backdrop of long term product and/or Company strategies
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Responsible for making decisions regarding the appropriate risk when there is a substantial project or program impact.
- Provide advanced analytical, problem-solving, and communication capabilities
- Approves team deliverables for project completion.
- Interfaces with management within and outside GMS to coordinate project priorities, communications, and issue escalation to all levels of management for the respective GMS Product Team programs
- Interacts through the program and/or project updates and reviews with all levels of management.
- Uses independent judgment to identify, plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload as required.
- Closely collaborate with leaders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) across the organization.
- Supports establishing of critical business processes to drive excellence in project execution.
- Drives use of Shire’s Project Management Methodology throughout projects.
- Participates in the evaluation and feasibility process for potential projects.
- Recognizes opportunity for improved department objectives and approaches
- Manages interdependencies within the respective portfolio
- Maximizes business results through continuous improvement in organization’s ability to execute projects and programs
- Provides program management leadership for different commercial products in different OpUs and TAUs
- Product Operations Program Manager is providing PM leadership to a diverse, geographically distributed group of functional team members and subject matter experts with different cultural backgrounds.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a life science field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8+ years industry work experience with experience in pharmaceutical development, manufacturing, operations, finance and program management required.
Core Competencies / Skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills. Ability to influence globally & across the organization without direct organization reporting.
- Effective communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of management including GMS Leadership Team. Must be able to efficiently communicate complex problems and proposed solutions.
- Must be proficient in the application of appropriate program management tools.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and get up to speed on a variety of complex issues.
- Must be able to understand how the project fits into the overall GMS and company strategy.
- Functions well under pressure in a changing environment.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law - Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.