Duties & Responsibilities
- Head a research laboratory in molecular oncology
- Responsible for drug target identification and validation as well as for subsequent initiation of new small-molecule and biologic drug discovery projects
- Applying cutting-edge genetic, cell biological and biochemical approaches to cancer research
- Initiation and participation in collaborations with external partners
- Close interaction with our medical experts, high-throughput and fragment-based screening, bioinformatics, biomarker, protein analytics, structural research, animal experimentation, medicinal chemistry and pharmacology groups
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, pharmacology or related discipline
- 3 years postdoctoral experience in high-profile academic lab, biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Strong publication record
- First supervisory experience
- Thorough understanding of cancer biology and genetics
- Ability to take on a leading role in multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Position specific training opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Additional off-days (bridge days)
- Comprehensive health promotion
- Staff restaurant
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Doris Staribacher.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.