ESO Senior Technical Manager (m/f) Biotechnology Drug Substance
Join us to find new ways to improve and extend people’s lives! As part of the global Novartis Group our sites in Kundl, Schaftenau, Unterach and Vienna are specialized in development, production and distribution of pharmaceutical products.
Area of Responsibility
• Represent the technical interface to our external partners to ensure robust and reliable manufacturing processes running at the CMO sites
• Act as the process expert for the assigned projects (USP/DSP; mammalians / microbials)
• Lead process validation activities at CMO site together with our partners
• Lead implementation of continued process verification (CPV)/monitoring program at CMO site
• May participate in supplier evaluation and selection process (Technical Due Diligence)
• In case of a commercial project, act as Process Transfer Lead to selected CMO site
• Assess impact of technical changes, technical feasibility and scope / design of technical batches
• Lead or support root cause investigation of product and process deviations
• Lead process improvements (either yield and/or product quality) together with the CMOs
• Represent the interface to Novartis internal stakeholders and ensure that new products and processes are well developed for commercial scale and entire product life cycle
• Contribute to the registration strategy and ensure alignment of (regulatory) timelinesQualification
Education: Academic Degree in Biochemistry, -technology, Molecular Biology, Genetics or equivalent
Languages: fluent in English, Chinese or German desirable
Experience: minimum of 5 years in biopharmaceutical cGMP manufacturing, in-depth understanding of biotechnology processes (USP & DSP; mammalian and/or microbial) - mandatory. Demonstrated leadership in a matrix environment, highly self-organized person with strong problem solving skills, high level of pragmatism, collaboration and solution driven mindset.
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 62.287,12 per year).
Contact: Andrew Pride, Senior TAS Business Partner
6250 Kundl, Austria
Why consider Novartis?
927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives.
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks. Join us and help reimagine medicine.