At BIOMIN we harness the power of science to support animal health and performance. By applying state-of-the-art and proprietary technology we deliver natural, sustainable and profitable solutions to the livestock industry. For over 35 years we have pioneered innovative solutions for mycotoxin risk management and gut performance. BIOMIN is part of ERBER Group.
For ambitious talents in the natural sciences we have exciting tasks and a lot to learn in our research projects. That's why we are looking for a master student (m/f)
to work on the following task:
"Isolation and characterization of new probiotic bacteria"
These are the tasks we trust in you:
- Isolation of beneficial microbes from diverse sources
- Characterization of taxonomic identity and antibiotic susceptibility profile of bacterial isolates
- Evaluation of strain dependent properties related to animal health (e.g. pathogen inhibition, metabolite production, and interaction with animal host cells)
To leave real 'foodprints' with us you need the following skills:
- Master student of microbiology, molecular biology, biotechnology or similar studies
- Knowledge and technical skills in classical microbiological methods (cultivation techniques), and DNA based techniques (DNA extraction, (q)PCR)
- Self-dependent and hands-on working style
- Excellent skills in English (written and spoken)
Your working place: world class laboratories
with modern equipment
. As part of our ambitious scientific team
you work together with the best on key topics of the global food chain. Due to our constant growth
, there is a lot of space for good ideas and opportunities
for personal development and individual careers.
We also take care of your physical well-being: coffee and tea are of course free of charge. In our canteen we offer three daily altering set meals - the price is employer-supported. Not to forget our b.active sports & health program. Here are some more good reasons to work for us.
What else to know?
- Reference Number: 368
- You will be based at Tulln (Austria) - excellent public transport connections to Vienna and Krems (only approximately 10 minutes on foot to train station)
- Your type of employment: 38,5 hours/week, full-time, temporary contract
- Duration: 6 - 8 months (starting February 2019)
Are you ready to leave real 'foodprints‘ with us? We are looking forward to your online application.
You have questions? Please contact:
Ms Karin STUMMER
, +43 2782 803 0
Or visit our website: www.biomin.net