Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine?Join us as a Global Medical Affairs Manager- Immunology in Vienna, Austria. Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Work with the Sr Director, Global Medical Team Lead (GMTL) and Global Medical Leads to support the execution of the multi-year global medical strategy for the specifiedProduct/Disease Area, appropriately aligned with overall strategy and incorporating R&D functional strategies (clinical, regulatory, HEOR, PV, compliance)
- Work with the Global Medical leads on the development and in-year implementation of the global medical plan and/or support in-year plan definition and implementation by US & International Medical Affairs
- Drives global execution of specific medical projects per global medical strategy
- Serve as Global Medical representative on standing and project-based cross-functional teams
- As needed, provide Medical review to Global promotional and non-promotional materials
- Act as a company representative interacting with external scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups and/or regulatory authorities
Work with GMTL on defining and implementing GMA strategy and prelaunch / launch / in-line product plans
- Work with the GMTL and Global Medical Team (GMT) to develop medical prelaunch and early access strategy, including e.g. publications strategy, congress strategy, customer interaction strategy, and the scientific communication platform for the disease area, aligned with overall product strategy
- Support execution of the in-year medical tactical plan for the global initiatives
- As delegated by the GMTL, support functional (e.g. publications, medical communications, medical training) and relevant R&D teams in developing plans supporting global medical prelaunch strategy
- As delegated by the GMTL, collaborate with commercial to ensure aligned and medically appropriate commercial strategy, planning and execution.
- Supporting design and execution of clinical studies (phase IV, disease registries, epidemiological studies, outcomes surveys, etc.) in close collaboration with Therapeutic Area Clinical Development head and Global clinical Operations
- Serving as Global Medical representative on standing and project-based cross-functional teams
Interaction with internal and external stakeholders in alignment with customer needs and medical strategy
- Act as a company representative with external scientific leaders, policy makers, patient advocacy groups and/or regulatory authorities
- Per medical strategy, establish and/or enhance partnerships with key academic institutions and develop relationships with key thought leaders
- Per medical strategy, establish appropriate partnerships with KOLs in areas of scientific interest
- Represent Medical Affairs at internal and external meetings
- Present data on product / therapeutic area
- Planning, designing and managing global medical Advisory Boards
Maintenance of knowledge base
- Serve as a key medical resource on the disease area and on specific programmes
- Maintain a high level of expertise on the disease area
- Develop and maintain knowledge of global pharmaceutical regulations, guidelines, codes of practices and Shire policies related to all medical activities
- As directed by the GMTL, develop, conduct, or participate in therapeutic training programs for Takeda internal departments
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- A medical or advanced degree is preferred
- >1-2 years of experience in biopharmaceutical medicine, preferably within a matrix or franchise structure.
- Experience in medical affairs is preferred
- Experience in (pre)launch activities is preferred
- Experience working in cross-functional teams at the brand or disease area levels in country, regional or global organizations is preferred
- Experience in the disease area of interest through clinical experience, biopharmaceutical experience or education is preferred
Other Job Requirements:
- Availability to travel approximately 30% of time
- Some activities may call for early or late meetings and attendances at scientific meetings on holidays and weekends
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 4 751,92 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
AUT - Wien - DC Tower