As a Senior Downstream Development Engineer, you are executing development working packages. You are working in a team of experts towards establishing digital and automated integrated process for biologics using scientifically sound approaches and methodologies. As a Senior Engineer you are planning working packages towards our overall road map to accomplish our goals and milestones. As part of your role you will be highly involved in model-based approach of design and evaluation of experiments in Downstream with focus on modeling and simulation of unit operations.
We are very much looking forward meeting a candidate who can bring its expertise and a new sight in the field of downstream processing in Austria.
- Working in highly motivated and innovative process development team
- Plan work packages and help driving our road map.
- Develop, plan and optimize and downstream unit operations using QbD approach and state-of-the-art equipment
- Work closely together with internal and external partners to implement new technologies in our team and the broader organization.
- Documentation of raw data (GDP, GLP), evaluation and interpretation of results; propose and actively support the design of next experiments.
- Writing protocols, scientific reports or lab procedures based on templates or SOPs
- Present accomplishments within the team, across other functions, internally and externally - cooperation partners, conferences etc.
- Implement process digitalization and process automation
- Develop and refine process automation logics / controls
- Enhance process and equipment digitalization with our internal and external partners
- Taking part in the development and implementation of digital twins
- Evaluate technology/software with internal and external partners
- Generate innovative downstream process solutions focused on connected processing, automation, digitalization and advanced control strategies
- Improve productivity by means of operational excellence
- Develop new downstream concepts for connected processing
- Developing automation concepts for future projects
- Increase capabilities and capacity by collaborations with external partners
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- M.Sc degree in Life Sciences (e.g. Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Chemistry) with 2+ years of working experience in downstream process development or B.Sc / Higher technical education with 5+ years of working experience in downstream process development
- Basic experience in mechanistic modelling of downstream operation units preferably
- Experience in continuous downstream processing
- Liquid handling robot programming skills preferably
- Good organization skills and attention to details
- Personality with a can-do mind-set and the ability to adopt to change
- Teamwork oriented mindset
- Excellent German and English skills (written and spoken)
- Very good MS Office skills
- Flexible working hours (e.g., willingness for weekend work)
- Willingness to travel
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 3.557,47 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
AUT - Orth an der Donau