Takeda’s Gene Therapy New Technologies and Innovation team is looking for talented and highly motivated candidates for pursuing a 2-year PostDoc research program, in which the candidate will use bioinformatics tools to evaluate large genome and time series transcriptomics data generated by Takeda.
Gene Therapy is an emerging field considered as the medicine of the future. This technology is based on the use of Virus-Like Particles (VLPs) as carriers of a specific gene of interest to treat diseases.
Among others, HEK293 cells are one of the most preferred cell lines to produce different VLPs. However, achieving VLP high titers is still challenging. Numerous studies have shown significant differences in the cell transcriptome pattern during the production of recombinant proteins. For this reason, Takeda performed several time-resolved high-throughput genome and transcriptome experiments different mammalian cell lines to investigate the cellular behavior and potential targets for engineering to boost VLPs production.
The candidate will use bioinformatics tools to analyze time-series bulk and single-cell RNA-seq data (mRNA, miRNA, lncRNA) and genome data generated by Takeda Gene Therapy Team to better understand cell mechanism of mammalian cells while producing VLPs. In particular, the PhD fellow will work on, but not limited to:
- Analysis of New Generation Sequencing and Microarray data sets
- Analysis of Single-nucleotide polymorphisms
- Establishing genome assembly pipelines
- Identification of candidate genes and RNAs for potential bioengineering or silencing
- Publication of at least three selected topics in peer-reviewed journals and/or conferences
- Collaboration with internal and cross-functional teams and academic researchers
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Completed PhD’s degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related disciplines with excellent statistical and mathematical skills, postdoctoral experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience with the analysis of next-generation sequence data such as whole-genome sequencing and RNA-Seq
- Strong curiosity on exploring data, cutting-edge bioinformatics tools and visualization skills
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and knowledge
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and pursue goals in a focused way
- Solid skills in R, Python and Linux
- Excellent command of German and English
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 3.389,68 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
AUT - Orth an der Donau
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)