The PDT BU R&D group is dedicated to bringing forward new therapeutic approaches based on plasma-derived therapies for patients with rare and complex diseases. Takeda believes there is tremendous potential to do more to meet patients’ and health care providers’ expectations with plasma-derived and plasma-oriented therapies for patients with immunologic, hematologic, and other complex diseases. The Global Program Manager in Plasma-Derived Therapies Business Unit will have the ability to create and define the future vision and operating model for the team.
Provide program management and matrixed leadership to cross-functional teams to drive development and deliver results in early to late-phase pipeline or marketed assets.
- Responsibilities include translating the Global Product Team (GPT) strategy into an efficiently executable operational plans; predicting and planning solutions to achieve program goals and objectives; driving clarity and removing barriers to ensure team success; interfacing with management and influencing decision-making, proactive management and mitigation of development risks, and ensuring appropriate communication and interface with internal governance.
- The PDT R&D Project Manager works closely with the Global Program Leader (GPL), as well as other Chief Scientific Office (CSO) and Commercial functions to ensure that the scientific and commercial strategies are incorporated into the asset strategy and integrated development plan.
- This role may also lead key initiatives that have cross-functional or cross-divisional impact that are critical to the objectives of the business unit, CSO and/or global business objectives.
- Identifies and drives innovative process improvements with significant organizational impact and manages, as needed, non-project responsibilities, which can include processes and system optimizations.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree science related field, advanced degree in science or business is preferred
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience with significant experience within related functions (e.g.Clinical Science, Clinical Operations, Research, Regulatory, CMC, Marketing)
- 8 years experience as a project manager leading complex pharmaceutical projects in a multi-disciplinary, global environment
- Proven leadership skills managing matrix teams, influencing outcomes and key project decisions, and strategic problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively to all levels of the organization including executive management
- Substantial experience in intercultural cooperation
- Matrix program leadership and management skills are required
- Proactive risk management with ability to propose solutions and deliver appropriate mitigation plan
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) with impact to provide appropriate context, articulate views, drive clarity, and address barriers to progress program development
- Ability to drive decision-making within a cross-functional and cross-cultural, global team structure
- Flexibility, tolerance and diplomacy to best manage change and differing opinions
- Ability to work in a virtual setting/across time-zones, i.e., making effective use of communication tools (WebEx, TelePresence, telephone and video conferencing, etc.)
- Ability to inspire and motivate in a matrix and global, cross-geographical team
- A solid business background as well as excellent commercial understanding
- Highly effective presentation skills
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 4 527,78 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.”
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
AUT - Wien - DC Tower