At BIOMIN we harness the power of science to support animal health and performance. By applying state-of-the-art and proprietary technology we deliver natural, sustainable and profitable solutions to the livestock industry. For over 35 years we have pioneered innovative solutions for mycotoxin risk management and gut performance. BIOMIN is part of DSM.
To further secure our rapid growth we are looking for the right woman or man to fill our vacant position as
Chemist - Product Safety Expert (m/f/d)
As Product Safety Expert you will be responsible for the compliance of product safety information for the DNP product portfolio. This means mainly to ensure full legal compliance regarding Safety Data Sheets and classifications (e.g. GHS). Although being based in Austria, you will be part of the global DNP Safety Health & Environment department. You will liaise with all the regions across the globe. Based on expertise on product safety and understanding of chemical legislation, you shall provide support and advice for interdisciplinary stakeholders worldwide.
These are the tasks we trust in you:
- Maintain data for products and raw materials mainly in SAP EHS, create and update Safety Data Sheets (SDSs, eSDSs) and periodically review substances’ classifications according to legal and DSM requirements
- Provide expertise on product safety/ product stewardship and legislative matters including risk based advice to internal and external stakeholders worldwide
- Support the introduction of new products, evaluation of physical, chemical, toxicity and ecotoxicity data, servicing (internal) customer requests
- Monitor the changes of specific chemical legislation in consultation with the team members
- Provide operational support for production sites concerning safe handling and storage of products/materials
- Work in interdisciplinary projects related to product safety and maintain a network of product safety specialists
To leave real 'foodprints' with us you need the following skills:
- Bachelor or Master degree in chemistry, (bio)chemical or natural science
- Practical experience in the field of product safety/ product stewardship, especially GHS/CLP and Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Basic knowledge of Dangerous Goods regulation and chemical legislation (desirable)
- Profound general understanding of product safety and familiarity with SHE (Safety, Health and Environment) requirements
- Interest and capability to understand, consider and interpret details of legislation into workable solutions
- Excellent skills in using MS Office Applications
- Experience with SAP EHS (desirable)
- Excellent language skills in English and German
- Team player with the ability to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team
What do we stand for? We are Pioneers, Partners and Performers!
- 100% of trust in you and your skills in advance
- Structured on-boarding program for a good start into your new job
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an international environment
- Strong support from your own and other teams across our organization
- Internal and external development programs
- Unique company culture, on first name terms from trainee to CEO
- Have a look at our Sustainability Report to get to know us even better.
- Here are some more good reasons to work for us.
What else do you need to know?
- Reference Number: 954
- You will be based in Getzersdorf (Austria)
- Your type of employment: 38,5 hours/week, full-time, permanent contract
- This position is available immediately however, we are happy to consider your notice period or your desired start date.
- Based on your classification in our ERBER Group career model, your professional experience and your qualification, we offer you an attractive total compensation package incl. fix and variable components (Due to Austrian law we are obliged to state the minimum monthly gross salary of € 1.848)
Are you ready to leave real 'foodprints‘ with us? We are looking forward to your online application.
Do you have any questions? Please contact:
Ms Marina NOLZ
, +43 2782 803 0
Or visit our website: www.biomin.net