Global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences (GCBDS) is a global organization across multiple sites at Boehringer Ingelheim including Vienna Austria, Biberach Germany and Ridgefield USA. With immediate effect, we are hiring a Scientific Director Computational Biology Cancer Research in Vienna, Austria. In this responsible role you will report directly to the Head of the Computational Biology department in Vienna and will utilize profound knowledge of biomedical data science and bioinformatics with the aim of bringing new breakthrough treatments to cancer patients. The Scientific Director leads a group of dedicated computational scientist who work in close collaboration with colleagues in Cancer Research and the GCBDS data infrastructure team.
Tasks & responsibilities
- You will be shaping the cancer research portfolio, together with biology leaders and other stakeholders
- You will set scientific priorities in the area of computational biology and thereby convert data into insights
- Your focus will be to build and manage a group of about 15 computational biologists, while constantly driving the development of your group and team members
- Together with your team you are driving projects focusing on the discovery of innovative drug targets, biomarkers, and drug combination strategies for the treatment of solid tumors
- You will also establish impactful external collaborations with academic partners and CROs
- PhD degree with deep experience in computational biology and cancer research
- Proven track record of driving complex computational analysis in Life Sciences
- Experience in drug discovery including managerial responsibilities, ideally in an industrial setting, alternatively in academia with significant liaison with pharma
- Strong leadership, presentation and communication skills
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 80,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
Paramount Recruitment will be handling this recruitment process. If you are interested and would like to find out more, please get in touch with Seema Rana on the following:
Phone: 44 121 616 3475
All applications must be submitted in English and will be treated confidentially.
Please apply via the following link: https://pararecruit.com/job/scientific-director-boehringer-ingelheim
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.
We look forward to receiving your application!