Boehringer Ingelheim RCV Vienna is home to Boehringer Ingelheim’s dedicated drug discovery center for innovative cancer medicines. A team of more than 200 scientists and technicians from various functions collectively drives our efforts to identify novel medication for the treatment of cancer. In the global department of Oncology Translational Science, we are currently looking for a motivated and result oriented scientist to serve as (Associate) Principal Scientists (Research Laboratory Heads) in a Vienna based group, specialized in immuno-therapy drug characterization and development. This is a fixed term contract for 3 years with option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Lead an immunology lab that performs molecular characterization and immunoprofiling of disease relevant models and human-derived samples with a strong focus on translational aspects in the field of immuno-oncology
- Profile drug candidates to identify predictive and pharmacodynamic immune-related biomarkers to support the development of immunotherapies together with other research teams and disciplines
- Lead the pre-clinical biomarker strategy and contribute to the validation and initial clinical application of biomarkers as a part of early clinical development teams composed by experts from various functions
- Establish and manage external collaborations with academic partners and CROs, including evaluation of new technologies
- Assume responsibility in a global department and for the supervision of laboratory scientists
- PhD or MD, with postdoctoral training and research experience in the field of immunology, preferably with experience in cancer immunotherapy and a strong publication record
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, excellent team-player
- Ability to work independently, plan, organize, troubleshoot, present work and to show team leadership
- Good organization and communication skills
- Previous experience in the fields of myeloid modulatorsand/or oncolytic viruses is an advantage
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.