As a family owned company with a long-term commitment to improve human health, we create Value through Innovation for our Customers and are powered by our people. We are excited for the discovery of ground-breaking novel cancer treatments and believe that an organizational and individual desire for breakthrough discoveries is the key to identifying innovative First-in-Class medicine. To advance science we like to take ownership for decisions and actions, to make agile contributions with an open mind and come up with innovative ideas.
If you want join our breakthrough culture to build a successful career by identifying new medicines with the right PK properties, and make a real difference to cancer patients and patient families worldwide, this is the right opportunity. In the Drug Discovery Sciences Department in Vienna we are currently looking for an experienced ADME/DMPK Scientist (m/f/d) to lead a team of Principle Scientists and Laboratory Scientists as an Associate Scientific Director. Broad experience in the ADME/PK sciences ranging from in-vitro models and in-vivo PK to PK/PD modeling is a prerequisite.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Set directions in the field of ADME, PK and PK/PD for discovery project teams to enable identification of first-in-class drug candidates with breakthrough potential
- Show scientific leadership for ADME, PK and PK/PD aspects of drug discovery
- Managing a team of Principle Scientists and Laboratory Scientists
- Contribute to our strong TeamScience Culture by building on the strength of the colleagues while contributing own scientific insights
- University training in the life science field (e.g. chemistry, pharmacology, pharmaceutics)
- PhD and Postdoc in the field of ADME / PK
- 5 years R&D experience in ADME / DMPK
- Strong leadership skills for scientific teams ideally from a pharmaceutical company setting
- Track record of publications in the field
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 75,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION!
Watton Hall will be handling this recruitment process. If you are interested and would like to find out more, please get in touch with Jake Mann on the following:
Phone: 44 (0) 203 603 1151
All applications must be submitted in English and will be treated confidentially.
Please apply via the following link: https://wattonhall.com/jobs/
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.
We look forward to receiving your application!