The Vienna Manufacturing Science function is expanding its team through the addition of its first data scientists. Our development in automation and data gathering enables us to progress beyond advanced analytics well into the area of predictive analytics. To accompany this vital step we are looking for the right people, who not only enjoy math, statistics, programming and big data, but realize that data science is a team sport and can find meaning in Takeda’s mission of providing Better Health and Brighter future to its patients. At Takeda, your data skills will change lives.
Your (new) Opportunity:
- Gather and identify local data science possibilities/initiatives/requests in collaboration with the local team, IT, Engineering, Quality and global data science
- Drive the local implementation of the global data science roadmap
- Manage and drive local process monitoring and process improvement, e.g. descriptive statistics and visualization, statistical process control, out-of-the-box-tools
- Support and participate in global/functional/local data science community
- Provide patient-centered best in class Data science, enhances local data science
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in science or business, e.g. Master’s/MBA or PhD in Engineering, Mathematics, IT or Physics with a focus on either Control Theory/Statistics/Mechatronics, Information/Operation, Management/Strategy/Economics, Technology and Innovation Management
- Experience in applying and executing Digital/Big Data Analytics/ Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Machine Learning algorithms in industry or experimental environment
- Respective programming knowledge
- Fluency in English
- Hands-on, able to implement and execute data science initiatives, analysis, machine learning
- Project management skills
Digital & Data Science Skills:
- Strong expertise and experience in Digital/Big Data Analytics/ Artificial Intelligence/Machine
- Experience in Machine Learning algorithms (CNN, SVM, LSTM, etc.),
- Respective programming knowledge of either MATLAB/Python/R required, further skills such as C++, SQL etc. are advantageous
- Experience in quality mapping of parameters is a plus
- Prior experience of Biostatistics, stochastic modelling and decision trees is a strong asset
- Strong knowledge of Statistical Process Control Expertise in Bayesian statistics:
- Experience in Density estimation
- Solid knowledge in Bayesian Hypothesis Testing,
- Solid knowledge in ANOVA and forecasting techniques (ARIMA, RMA, NARX)
- Expertise in Signal Processing, Control Systems, Mechatronics
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer. For more insights into Takeda click here.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 3.323,20 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
AUT - Wien - Industriestrasse 67