Do you enjoy working with large data sets from diverse biological assays, discovering new insights where others might just see plain numbers? Do you want to contribute to the development of next-generation cancer cures, while living in one of the most enjoyable cities in the world? Then this position in the Drug Discovery Sciences Department at BI in Vienna, Austria is your opportunity to join a team of dedicated researchers working hard on making a difference to cancer patients and their families. We are currently looking for a highly motivated colleague with expertise in data analysis and assay integration. This is a fixed term contract for 3 years with option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Analyze and interpret continuous data streams from high-throughput assays
- Work closely with internal project teams and external partners on data integration
- Work closely with the computational biology team and software development
- Manage a data entry laboratory scientist
- A PhD in Biology, Cell Biology, Medicinal Chemistry or related disciplines
- Experience with statistics and data curation and relevant software
- Experience with quality control metrics (i.e. control charts, dashboards, trend analysis etc.)
- Experience with at least one high-level programming language
- Basic understanding of cell and cancer biology
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Gerlinde Leiss.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.