Computational Biology and Digital Sciences is a global organization across multiple sites at Boehringer Ingelheim including Vienna Austria, Biberach Germany and Ridgefield USA. We are currently hiring a Computational Biology Data Scientist/Engineer in Vienna, Austria.
The data scientist/engineer drives the design and implementation of our computational biology data strategy, develops, implements and tests novel methods for the integration and analysis of diverse and large scale cancer related datasets.
Comprehensive omics (NGS, proteomics, CRISPR) studies will represent the main data domain, complemented by imaging and rich phenotypic data. Initially, projects will focus on novel scientific insights in the context of oncogenic KRAS signalling which drives a large fraction of lung, colorectal and pancreatic tumors. This is a fixed term contract for 3 years with the option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Build key multi-omics data assets according to FAIR principles
- Project Management for Data and Software initiatives
- Design and automatize processing pipelines and workflows for advanced data analytics
- Effectively interact with a global team of computational biologists, data scientists, and research IT
- PhD degree with 2 years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree with 5 years of experience
- In-depth understanding of existing bioinformatics databases and computational methods for bioinformatics data processing and analysis
- Extensive experience in databases and Big Data frameworks
- Proficient with Linux environment, high performance computing clusters, and cloud computing
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Gerlinde Leiss.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.