Boehringer Ingelheim RCV Vienna is home to Boehringer Ingelheim’s dedicated drug discovery center for innovative cancer medicines. A team of more than 200 scientists and technicians, combining their expertise in cancer biology and genomics, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, structural research, high-throughput screening and discovery ADME, drive our efforts to identify novel medication for the treatment of cancer. In the Department of Oncology Translational Science focused on biomarker research, we are currently looking for a highly motivated and result oriented Investigative Pathology Expert in the Department of Oncology Translational Science (OTS) as soon as possible.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Provide scientiﬁc expertise for state-of-the-art oncology pathology biomarkers for discovery and early clinical development
- Set-up and implement basic and new histopathological platforms to drive innovative science and drug discovery of cancer cell directed and immunotherapies, including multiplex assays and digital pathology analyses
- Proﬁle drug candidates via tissue-based analyses to identify predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarkers
- Coordinate effectively with other research teams and disciplines across the global Discovery Research organization
- Establish and manage external collaborations with academic partners and CROs, including evaluation of new tissue-based technologies
- Certified pathologist - ECVP/ACVP (MD or DVM) with a profound expertise and scientific curiosity in human cancer etiology, with postdoctoral/clinical experience in cancer biology
- In depth knowledge and hands-on experience in basic and advanced tissue-based techniques such as routine histology, immunohistochemistry (IHC)/immunofluorescence (IF) (multiplexing), microscopy
- Experience in Digital Pathology is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and clear communication skills to integrate in a multi-disciplinary, lively and flexible team
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.