We are seeking a highly motivated Lab Scientists to join our Cancer Immunology team in Vienna. The positions will be key to building and accelerating novel drug discovery platforms that can grow our preclinical immunotherapy project portfolio. Collaborative, well-connected teams are key to our success so we are looking for candidates who are strong team players.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Design, develop and implement cellular and genomic assays using immune cells and tumor cells
- Isolation and culture of primary human immune cells
- Cloning of retroviral vectors for overexpression or knock out/down experiments and establishment of reporter cell lines
- Planning and performing of genomics assays, including single cell RNA-sequencing
- Independently execute, evaluate and document experiments
- A degree in molecular/cellular biology or equivalent (M.S. or higher)
- Strong expertise in molecular biology techniques (e.g. cloning, CRISPR, qPCR)
- Experience with single cell sequencing techniques and data analysis would be an advantage
- Previous experience with immune cell based assays and immunological techniques is desirable
- Team orientated with good communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English and good German skills
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
For this position we offer an interesting salary package considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 37,016.14 gross per year (full-time) for this position, whereby an overpayment is possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Gerlinde Leiss.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.