We are seeking ambitious and creative Principal Scientists to join our Cancer Pharmacology and Disease Positioning Department at Boehringer Ingelheim RCV reporting to Scientific Directors in the Department as soon as possible. Leading a team of Lab Scientists, the incumbents will direct in vivo studies to characterize and advance drug candidates in Boehringer Ingelheim’s pipeline and portfolio with the aim of bringing new breakthrough treatments to cancer patients. Projects will focus on drugging oncogenic KRAS signalling that drives a large fraction of lung, colorectal and pancreatic tumors.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Head a research laboratory focusing on mouse in vivo pharmacology studies and provide in vivo experiments for advancing and positioning drug candidates in Boehringer Ingelheim’s oncology portfolio
- Participate in drug discovery and development teams with the possibility of leading drug discovery programmes from lead optimization to start of development
- Implement innovative approaches for patient selection, addressing drug resistance and exploring combination treatments
- Establish impactful external collaborations and coordinate in vivo studies at external partners
- Present results and progress in a clear and concise manner to Senior Management
- Closely work together with other local and global disciplines including in vitro biology, computational biology, medicinal chemistry, ADME, oncology biomarker and translational research, and medicine
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, pharmacology or a related discipline
- 3 years postdoctoral experience in high-profile academic lab or in biotech/pharmaceutical industry preferably (but not obligatory) in the area of cancer research
- Expertise and previous experience working with murine in vivo models is a strong plus
- Strong publication record
- Thorough understanding of cancer biology and genetics
- Highly collaborative spirit and the ability to take on a leading role in multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills and fluency in English
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.