If you want to join our breakthrough culture to build a successful career by identifying new chemical medicines with the right properties to make a real difference to cancer patients and patient families worldwide, this is the right opportunity. In the Drug Discovery Sciences Department in Vienna we are currently looking for highly motivated and result oriented drug hunters to join our team as a Principal Scientist specialized in one area of science ranging from biochemical in-vitro assays to DMPK and PK/PD modeling.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Set directions and drive science in one of the following specific fields of expertise (in-vitro assays, ADME, PK, Metabolism and PK/PD modeling) for discovery project teams to enable identification of first-in-class drug candidates with breakthrough potential
- Show scientific drug discovery leadership in the project teams
- Contribute to our strong TeamScience Culture by building on the strength of the colleagues while contributing own scientific insights
- University training in the life science field (e.g. chemistry, pharmacology, biology, pharmaceutics)
- PhD and ideally Postdoc showing a deep knowledge and multi-year experience in one of the following fields of expertise: In-vitro biology or ADME/DMPK or pharmaceutical formulations or metabolism or MS based structure elucidation or PK/PD modeling or bioanalytics
- Strong leadership personality
- Track record of publications in the field
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.