We are seeking a talented Scientific Director - Group Leader in Medicinal Chemistry who has a passion for drugging difficult to drug cancer targets such as KRAS and exploring modalities beyond classical protein inhibition such as Proteolysis Targeting Chimeras (PROTACs). The position reports directly to the Department Head Medicinal Chemistry. The ideal candidate has a drug-hunter mindset with a track record of delivering oncology development candidates which ultimately benefit patients’ lives.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Set scientific priorities and develop a group of 15-20 scientists
- Lead and drive global strategic initiatives through a large internal network
- Be a role model for teamscience
- Challenge the status quo and inspire others to pursue new approaches
- Shape the future medicinal chemistry strategy for oncology
- Achieve scientific breakthroughs for discovery research projects
- PhD Degree in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry
- At least ten years of industry experience, of which seven years as a leader
- Strong leadership skills and excellent presentation and communication skills
- Proven scientific track record for high impact publications and evidence of accomplishments in drug discovery or medicinal chemistry
- Fluent in English and German (as working language)
- Experience in the field of targeted protein degradation beneficial but not required
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 80,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Doris Staribacher.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal so that we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.