We are seeking a scientifically excellent principal scientist to join our Cancer Research team in Vienna as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will utilise deep knowledge of cancer biology and an extensive scientific network to lead a laboratory focussed on developing antibody programmes in areas of cancer biology to ensure delivery of a portfolio that provides maximum benefit to patients.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Direct a laboratory responsible for identifying new cancer drug targets and developing accompanying antibody profiling assays
- Lead or actively contribute to multi-disciplinary antibody drug discovery teams including drug development, pharmacology, medical and marketing functions
- Present scientific data at internal and external meetings, and publish findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Initiate and coordinate collaborations with leading academic institutions worldwide
- PhD or equivalent degree in the life sciences
- Scientific focus on the molecular mechanisms driving cancer biology
- At least three years post-doctoral experience
- Candidates with experience in handling therapeutic antibodies would be prioritized/considered favourably
- Evidence of leading successful research programs with a convincing publication record in high impact journals
- Excellent team spirit, communication and presentation skills (English as a working language, basic German of advantage)
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.at
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our application portal so that we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.