ENABLE NEW DISCOVERIES.
The Vienna BioCenter Core Facility GmbH (VBCF) acts as a nexus for science and technology at the Vienna BioCenter Campus and enables scientific discoveries by offering access to state-of-the-art research Core Facilities. We are looking for a
Head of Protein Technologies (f/m/d, full-time)
The Core Facility offers rigorous scientific services for molecular cloning, protein production, purification and biophysical characterization. A detailed overview of our offered services can be found on our website.
· Lead a team of 10 experienced scientists to provide defined scientific services to our local and global customers
· Refine our scientific service portfolio according to our customers’ needs
· Advise our customers on diverse scientific projects and help them to overcome their technical problems
· Coach and mentor your team to promote a friendly and stimulating work environment
· Foster innovation and develop new scientific services through collaborations with our customers and define R&D projects
· Liaise with potential new customers and represent the Core Facility at conferences, workshops and roadshows
· Plan and monitor the Core Facility’s budget
· Deep interest in emerging (protein) technologies and technology development
· Enthusiasm to discuss diverse scientific projects with our customers
· Strong leadership skills to lead an interdisciplinary team of experienced scientists
· Extensive experience in molecular cloning, protein production and purification
· Expertise in biophysical characterization of proteins
· University degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, physics or a related field
· Ability to work in a dynamic, multi-stakeholder environment
· Excellent communication skills
· Basic interest in financial concepts
We offer a permanent position and an attractive salary package including a company crèche and kindergarten. The minimum salary for this leadership position will be 65.000 € gross per year|full-time. The actual remuneration will depend on your scientific expertise and professional experience.
Who we are
The VBCF is an inter-institutional research infrastructure that was founded to enable researchers at the Vienna BioCenter Campusto achieve their scientific goals and become leaders in their research areas. To this end, we provide access to state-of-the-art instruments and the combined scientific expertise and professional experience of more than 100 scientists. We are funded by the Federal Government and the City of Vienna and take pride in recovering more than 50% of our running costs via user fees.
How to apply
Please send your CV, a letter of interest and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The call is open till 08.03.2020. Interviews will be held in April. For further information about the position please contact email@example.com.
As an employer we promote a culture of continuous learning and are committed to gender equality. Therefore we strongly encourage female applicants. VBCF processes your personal data in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations.