The Lead Project Engineer- BioLife EU is responsible for the in-time delivery of all project milestone requirements, upon drawings and specifications while balancing cost, resources, and time commitments.
- Manage, monitor, oversee, and deliver the BioLife Center Construction process for new and redevelopment BioLife Centers
- Participate, contribute, and assist the team in the process of selection and development for new and redevelopment BioLife Centers
- Conduct reviews of detailed designs, drawings, and specifications to assure consistent, cost effective and efficient operations in the centers
- Recommend, evaluate, assess and facilitate opportunities for continuous improvement activities and contribute to delivering those improvements as needed
- Recommend, evaluate, assess and facilitate proposed value engineering concepts with an effort to reduce project budget and schedule
- Responsible for producing all engineering management reports and providing on-going status of projects
- Maintain effective and on-going communications with all key stakeholders
- Manage all project functions related to project management, project control, engineering management, procurement, construction management to exceed the project(s) goals
- Assure all designs align with global engineering standards
- Manage, monitor, and control the BioLife Capital Project budget for the assigned projects within the parameters set by executive management. Support decisions regarding appropriate investment and optimal return on invested capital
- Develop engineering standards to support bid package and improved quality within the construction of our centers
- Structured storage of as-build documentation
- Travel up to 50% of the time
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and a working knowledge of GMP/GDP. Mechanical, Construction or Civil engineering degrees are preferred.
- Prior experience in construction management, engineering, and/or operations is necessary.
- Basic architectural and facility construction and maintenance knowledge is essential. Must understand CEN (European Committee for Standardization) formats/procedures for estimating, budgeting, cost analysis, change orders, project turnover and project close-out.
- Must have experience with construction contracts and/or construction management contracts and practices.
- Proficient in using and deploying resources planning tools such as MS Office, and management systems related to procurement, capital approvals, financial forecasting etc..
- Operational excellence skills (i.e. Six Sigma certification and/or Lean) are a plus. Should have experience with commercial mechanical systems, boilers, building/system controls (PLC, BMS, HVAC systems etc.).
- Fluent in English plus at least a second language (German, Hungarian or Czech)
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 4.369,11 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.