The laboratory scientist will execute and lead lab projects in Coagulation Lab to evaluate process improvements (e.g. yield, throughput, production issues and new technologies). Therefore planning, executing and leading of lab/pilot scale studies to mimic manufacturing processes or unit operations (e.g. chromatography, ultra-/diafiltration, centrifugation,…) in detail are part of the daily work. Additionally data collection and statistical analysis to evaluate the outcome of the studies are performed. Equipment and lab maintenance, but also improvements of lab techniques / equipment are part of the responsibilities.
Job in detail:
- Lead and execute experiments in lab / pilot scale
- Design studies, collect data and perform statistical analysis
- Prepare necessary documentation (Study plan, study report, SBR, SOPs)
- Operate multiple laboratory equipment and initiate appropriate maintenance
- Coach other professionals on lab technique
- Represent department in project teams
- Present outcome of studies (German and English)
- Support technical problem-solving and risk assessments.
- Use best practice/knowledge of internal and external partners to improve processes
Skills you need:
- Completed technical college (HTL) or a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biostatistics, Biology, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Technology, or similar qualification
- Knowledge and expertise in the area of biochemistry / protein purification.
- Team player, first experiences in leading small projects is of advantage
- Good knowledge of statistics
- Good communication skills
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Advanced general lab skills and enjoyment of lab-related work
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 3.270,89 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.