Boehringer Ingelheim RCV Vienna is home to Boehringer Ingelheim’s dedicated drug discovery center for innovative cancer medicines. A team of more than 200 scientists and technicians from various functions collectively drive our efforts to identify novel medication for the treatment of cancer. In the global department of Oncology Translational Science, we are currently looking for a highly motivated and result oriented scientist (m/f/d) to serve as a Research Laboratory Head/Principal Scientist in a Vienna based group specialized on genomics, molecular and cellular biology supporting tumor targeted- and immuno-therapy drug characterization and development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead a molecular biology lab that performs molecular and cellular characterization of disease relevant models, including human tumor samples, with a strong focus on translational aspects
- Profile drug candidates to identify predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarkers to support development of cancer cell directed and immunotherapies coordinately with other research teams and disciplines
- Lead the pre-clinical biomarker strategy and contribute to the validation and initial clinical application of biomarkers as a part of early Clinical Development teams composed by experts from various functions
- Establish and manage external collaborations with academic partners and CROs, including evaluation of new technologies
- Assume responsibility in a global Department and for the supervision of direct reports including recruiting, managing, mentoring and developing scientific staff
- PhD or MD, with postdoctoral training and research experience in the fields of ideally both tumor biology and cancer immunotherapy and a strong publication record
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, excellent team-player
- Ability to work independently, plan, organize, troubleshoot, present work and to show team leadership
- Good organization and communication skills
- Previous experience in translational research in academia or industry is an advantage
Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
Company pension scheme, because your future matters
Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Doris Staribacher.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.