The position holder acts as strategic partner to the Site Quality Lead and is focused on providing leadership across the Quality organization to promote and drive strategic thinking and innovative approaches to change the business. The position is the touchpoint for QSBO (Quality Strategic & Business Operation) heads and represents the site at the QSI-SBO network.
Main responsibilities of the position include:
- Strategy: Strategic planning in partnership with the site leadership team; Champion site Quality projects; Coordinate site Quality goals & objectives
- Services: Budget management; Manage CAPEX for Quality; Resource planning & Headcount management; Coordinate external industry & regulatory participation and influencing activities
- Improvements: Integrate Operational Excellence into site Quality organization; Champion activities for improved efficiency; Develop and oversee execution of site Quality improvement plans; Facilitate site quality talent management & succession planning
The following describes the roles & responsibilities of the position in detail:
- Facilitate the development of Quality strategies to ensure a harmonized and integrated quality approach & culture in the organization that will provide oversight and governance to enable site Quality to successfully change the business
- Coordinate various change/transformation, best practice and continuous improvement initiatives as well as providing support as a member of the Site Quality Leadership Team
- Strong enabler for Quality initiatives to ensure initiatives stay on track and deliver result
- Coordinate Quality projects, initiatives, process improvements and best practice sharing across the Global Quality organization
- Build strong foundation for collaboration and ensure management of interdependencies across the organization with all internal business partners
- Coordinate/partner with Global Quality on key initiatives including Quality Culture Launch and Vision 2025
- Be outward facing, interacting frequently with QSI leaders across the manufacturing organization and at the global level to champion global initiatives and learn from our global Takeda and industry colleagues
- Develop a framework for innovation and new technology
- Drive involvement of SCIENCE-based thinking to ensure application of new technology and continuous improvement
- Provide input to key network forum groups to assure collaboration and alignment and efficiency of processes across the network
- Assess technology gaps and partner with leaders to assure technology is in place where appropriate and centers of excellence are created as necessary to drive efficiency across the network
- Keep overview on budget and resource management for the SQLT and partner with GQ controller team and SBO
- Manage external influencing activities to track leadership involvement in key external industry & regulatory groups
- Maintain strong networks with industry groups and contacts in order to stay current with industry best practices and trends
- Provide leadership in coordination of talent management processes with Global Quality Leadership Team and HR business partners
- Engage in projects to ensure people development across the network
- Actively champion and role model our Quality Culture of continuous improvement, learning organization principles and innovation as well as adherence to the principles and values of Takeda-ism
What you bring:
- University degree, technical education or equivalent
- Profound professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably with time spent in Quality
- At least 5 years of leadership experience and developing people
- Strength in managing projects and initiatives
- Strong expertise in developing culture and project activities to adhere to international regulations (e.g. FDA, EMEA), GxP guidelines, ICH, PIC/s and other relevant current industry standards
- Lean-Six Sigma Certification highly desired
- Ability to influence and work effectively with global regions and cultures
- Analytical and critical thinking personality
- Proactive and solution oriented; Excellent communication skills
- Decision maker
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation, continuous improvement and out of the box thinking
- Focused on reaching objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills including listening, judgement, conflict management .
- Ability to work effectively with senior management
- High level of initiative, self-motivated and takes ownership
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with IT systems and relevant applications in a Quality organization
- Fluency in German and English
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work - life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten) and numerous benefits (shuttle-bus Vienna-Orth, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 4.369,11 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, so increased payment is possible.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.