Boehringer Ingelheim is looking for a Data Expert/Database Specialist for its newly established department “EUCAN Analytics & Insights”. The members of this team will be responsible for developing enhanced reporting and dashboards in the area of marketing and sales and make them available to various user groups ranging from sales representatives in the field to sales management, marketing & country management as well as senior corporate management across EUCAN (Europe, Russia, Israel, Canada, Australia and New Zealand).
The role of the Data Expert/Database Specialist is to ensure a high level of data quality and availability across the countries of EUCAN through sound data management and integration in support of critical business processes. He/she is responsible for the integration of data from a variety of sources and systems into a common database for all EUCAN countries.
The Data Expert/Database Specialist will be collaborating with his peers – the Dashboard & Report Authors – to make the integrated data available to them in our business intelligence software so they can be developing and providing insightful reports and dashboards, thereby enabling informed decision making and answering of key business questions throughout life cycle of our brands. He/she will also be closely collaborating with the Junior Data Manager in the same team as well as IT business intelligence to define an appropriate data pipeline. He/she will also be liaising with local business partners in the EUCAN countries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the integration of internal and external data including secondary market research data, CRM data, digital marketing activity data, internal ERP and financial data and all other third party data needed to produce the most useful insights
- Collaborate with IT functions in business intelligence as well as database architects in topics relating to data management and integration
- Work closely with our business partners in the country offices as well as other key users in the local and corporate organizations to define user requirements for further improving master data management application and processes
- Manage data-related change requests coming in from key users and create user requirement specifications, do testing and coordinate deployment throughout the data and analytical process
- Understand, maintain and implement the data governance policies across all countries in the EUCAN region
- Collaborate with IT functions such as ETL developers, database architects and application developers in topics relating to data management and integration
- Act as second-level support in questions related to data issues
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or business discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in the area of data warehousing, business intelligence or business analysis
- We value innovation and agility and expect all team members to foster and stimulate use of innovative approaches and continuously refine and improve the data pipeline and processes
- Exhibit excellent skills in the fields of data management, data maintenance and integration
- Have a deep understanding of databases and data modelling and ability to write complex queries in SQL
- Knowledge of database technology and architecture (e.g. Oracle, Exasol, Informatica) as well as ETL and data management processes
- Knowledge of datasets used in marketing & sales (e.g. CRM data, digital marketing data, external sales panel data, internal ERP/financial data, etc.)
- Excellent skills in handling large amounts of data and information from various sources and preparation of them for reporting through various data wrangling techniques (e.g. pivoting, filtering, slicing, aggregation, etc.)
- Basic coding knowledge and understanding of scripting languages to complement data management (e.g. Python or R)
- Basic knowledge of designing good user experiences and experience in assisting the development of web-based applications are an asset
- Strong appetite to further develop technical skills (e.g. by attending online and offline trainings)
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in oral and written English, any additional languages are an asset
Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
Company pension scheme, because your future matters
Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 48,000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Your HR Recruiting Manager for this Position is Melisa Gibovic-Danner.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.