Duties & Responsibilities
- Devise, plan and advance translational projects in Oncolytic Virus Therapy using our VSV-GP or other OV platforms
- Perform molecular engineering of viruses for application in cancer immunotherapy, characterization of recombinant viruses including propagation and purification as well as cell culture and potentially animal experiments, including project planning, data analysis, evaluation and documentation according to industry standards
- Work in close collaboration with other team members and external partners from academia and industry, including presentation of project work at international conferences
- Train and supervise technical staff
- PhD with a strong background and profound knowledge in either molecular and classical virology, cancer immunology or immunotherapy
- Experience in molecular virology, molecular biology, cell culture are required
- Literature knowledge of antiviral or anti-tumoral immune responses, cancer therapy, virology as well as hands on experience with animal models are a strong plus
- Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by peer-reviewed publications or presentations at scientific meetings
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and fluency in English, both spoken and written; German language skills would be highly appreciated (otherwise willingness to learn German)
- 2 year fixed contract with the possibility to extend. Access to Boehringer Ingelheim’s PostDoc program.
- You will have the unique possibility to drive research towards a novel cancer therapy at the interface of science and translation being part of an engaged scientific team.
- Work within the concentrated, science driven atmosphere of a small biotech company whilst at the same time benefit from being part of the global group of Boehringer Ingelheim, one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies worldwide
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50.000 gross per year/full-time).
Who we are
ViraTherapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies: a perfect symbiosis of big pharma and a biotech start-up vibe. Located in the beautiful city of Innsbruck, Austria – a great place to live and to work – our dedicated Research & Development team develops innovative viral-based immune-oncology treatment options.
ViraTherapeutics GmbH, Dr. Patrik Erlmann, Exlgasse 20a, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria, www.viratherapeutics.com
We look forward to receiving your application via our application portal.
Please upload your electronic application (in English) in a single PDF file including CV and a complete list of publications, statement of research interests, and at least two reference letters.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.