Team Leader (m/f) - Downstream Process Development
Join us to find new ways to improve and extend people’s lives! As part of the global Novartis Group our sites in Kundl, Schaftenau, Unterach and Vienna are specialized in development, production and distribution of pharmaceutical products.
Lead and manage a downstream process development laboratory within the Drug Substance Development Operational Sciences group. Supervise and manage all downstream process development tasks and activities in accordance with compliance and safety requirements.
• You will lead and develop the DSP team
• You will develop robust scalable processes with consistent performance and reproducibly achieve quality targets
• You will manage and perform process transfers to pilot and manufacturing plants
• You will perform process lifecycle management projects
• You will coordinate activities in the context of downstream processing within project teams
• You will optimally and flexibly use personnel and technical resources
• You will further develop and implement state of the art or future technologies
• You will perform process optimization and evaluation studies
• You will compile high quality documents as part of international registration procedures
• You will assure and maintain high quality standards in the laboratory
What you'll bring to the role:
• Education: Master Degree in biotechnology, biochemical engineering, biology, chemistry, biochemistry or similar with at least 4 years strong relevant industry experience or PhD in relevant field and at least 2 years relevant industry experience
• Languages: Fluency in English, German is a plus
• Experience: Experience in development of chromatography steps, normal flow and tangential flow filtration steps; proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
• Profile: Ability to coordinate a number of tasks simultaneously, prioritize and deliver against tight timelines, ability to lead and inspire a team and embrace diversity and inclusion, attitude to resolve challenges with the ability to properly balance between efforts, risks and benefits
Contact: Jennifer Kriedemann, Talent Acquisition & Staffing Business Partner
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 48.718 per year on a full time basis).
Why consider Novartis?
927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives.
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks. Join us and help reimagine medicine.