The individual will support purification process development for diverse therapeutic biologics in the Shire pipeline for both early and late stage product development focusing on high-throughput techniques. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, passionate about science, and results driven in a team environment.
About the position:
- Plans and conducts all aspects of high-throughput downstream process unit operations, including filtration, chromatography and viral inactivation at bench scale to support process development, optimization and characterization
- Contributes to the evaluation of new technology/equipment that can be applied across multiple programs
- Documents data accurately in suitable systems as per established company guidelines and procedures
- Drafts technical reports, memos, procedures, protocols and presentations.
- Organizational support and cross-functional project team participation
- Contacts primarily with other professionals within process development but collaborations may involve others across the department and organization (e.g. analytics, quality etc)
- In addition, this person will interact effectively with other key partners and customers ouside the company (e.g. suppliers, CRO/CMO)
Skills you need:
- MS, BS or equivalent in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or related discipline with relevant industry experience
- Fundamental understanding of protein separation theories and practices as well as purification process development experience in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry are desired
- Ability to design experiments with DOE approaches, perform experiments and interpret the results
- Laboratory skills in downstream process development for biologics are preferred, including chromatographic and filtration instruments
- Knowledge and experience in high throughput screening and automation for process development is desired
- Advanced informatics/programming skills are required
- Excellent oral and written English and German communication skills required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
As a leading global biotechnology company we have one mission every day: to lastingly improve the lives of people living with rare diseases. Crucial to our mission are our employees - our biggest asset - who enjoy a range of benefits and career opportunities, such as trainee and training programs, job rotations, apprenticeships, work-life balance (certified family friendly), company kindergarten, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. Here you can learn more about Shire in Austria.
We offer outstanding opportunities to motivated people regardless of your gender, age, skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical handicaps. Diversity is part of our success!
The minimum salary for this position is € 3.163,33 gross per month (full-time); increased payment is possible. We are looking forward to your application.